Part 12: The Final Surgery

February 10, 2020

Surgery went smoother than what Dr. C originally anticipated. He knew that removing my ovary in October would significantly reduce the amount of hormones in my body, but we didn’t know just how much that would affect the tumors. Although my reproductive organs were still covered in disease, when Dr. C started the surgery, he noted that there was a drastic difference in the number of small tumors in my abdomen compared to after my last surgery! He did the hysterectomy and removed as many of the “snowflake” tumors as possible. The pathology report also showed all of the biopsies as Non Invasive Borderline Ovarian Tumors which we were very happy about. Even though Dr. C is confident that the removal of my hormones will shrink and get rid of any remaining tumors in my abdomen, he recommended taking a hormone therapy treatment called Letrozole for a year to help it along. I am also getting my CA125 drawn every 6 weeks.

Speaking of, a little CA125 level update:

September 2019: 160

March 2020: 13

May 2020: 10

Hysterectomy + Letrozole is working and doing exactly what it was intended to do. These numbers and the lack of stomach pains and “flair up” indicate the one thing we’ve been striving for: I am officially cancer and tumor free!


Comments

Popular Posts